Homemade Mexican night is about to get a facelift! Cilantro lime brown rice is the perfect base for burrito bowls or even as a side on taco night. And this Chipotle copycat recipe will satisfy all your cravings!
This recipe comes together so quickly and you’ll be shocked at how easy it is. Just a few simple ingredients like cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, and salt, can take plain rice from a forgotten side, to a must-have.
Brown rice is the healthier option compared to white rice because it still contains the germ and the bran. These two essential mineral and fiber dense components are stripped to make white rice. Even though brown rice takes much longer to cook, it is well worth the wait for this cilantro lime brown rice!Print
An easy, “Copycat,” recipe for cilantro lime brown rice, that tastes just like Chipotle’s. A great base for burrito bowls, or side dish for taco night!
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp avocado (or olive) oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp flake salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions, adding the bay leaf, 1 tsp salt, and oil. I use Lundberg brand, and the instructions are as follows: Combine 1 cup rice, 1 ½ cups water, and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low simmer and cook for 40 minutes. Remove from heat, with the lid on, and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove rice from stove, and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.