These perfectly sweet gluten-free almond butter banana muffins are fluffy and so easy to make. You would never guess they are dairy free and refined sugar free.
INGREDIENTS FOR MUFFINS:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free 1:1 flour)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup ghee or coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk (I like cashew milk)
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F degrees. Prepare your muffin tins with cupcake liners, or grease/flour each well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and coconut sugar. Make a, “well,” in the center, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, make the topping – add the flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and almonds. Add the ghee or oil and use a fork or your fingers to crumble the fat into the dry ingredients. The result should be a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, banana, egg, and vanilla. Add almond butter and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients into the, “well,” of the dry ingredients and gently fold until just combined. It is okay if there are some streaks of dry ingredients. You do not want to overmix.
- Using a large cookie scoop, add batter to prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops with the crumble topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown and bounce back to the touch. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.