These Asian chicken lettuce cups are way better than takeout and come together in 30 minutes.
- ¼ cup Tamari, soy sauce, or liquid amino acids
- 1 Tbsp chili garlic sauce, or more depending on desired spice level
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder*
- 1 Tbsp oil, I use avocado
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1, 8oz can water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 3-4 green onions, sliced thin (white and light green part only)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 heads butter lettuce, cleaned and leaves separated
- Whisk together the Tamari, chili garlic sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, water, and arrowroot powder. Set aside.
- In a large pan (preferably one with deep sides), over medium heat, add the oil and ground chicken. Brown the chicken, breaking it up as you go.
- Add the garlic and zucchini and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the zucchini starts to get tender.
- Add the water chestnuts, green onion and the sauce.
- Continue cooking until the sauce starts to thicken and the zucchini is soft.
- Scoop mixture into the lettuce leaf "cups" or serve over a bed of torn butter lettuce leaves.
You can use cornstarch in place of arrowroot powder. Arrowroot powder has a much more neutral taste though.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Meat, Poultry, Asian
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Chicken, Lettuce, Cups, Asian