Delicious and fluffy gluten-free muffins, studded with fresh blueberries. A great breakfast or healthy snack.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (make sure to check label for gluten-free), plus more for sprinkling before baking
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, I like almond or cashew
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free 1:1 flour, or all-purpose flour if not gluten-free
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup ghee or refined coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup maple syrup, honey or agave
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, plus a handful for topping
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray or line a standard 12 well muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats and milk and let soak for 20 minutes. In the meantime, melt the ghee or coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients - the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – egg, vanilla, melted and cooled oil, and maple syrup.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir a few times. Add the soaked oats/milk and blueberries. Gently stir/fold the batter until just combined.
- Stir the batter into your prepared pan. Each muffin well will be almost full. Sprinkle with extra oats, and dot with 1-2 blueberries for that perfect bakery style look.
- Bake the muffins for 5 minutes before turning your oven temperature down to 350 degrees. Continue baking for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins stay fresh for a few days at room temperature. Store in the fridge to stay fresh longer. Muffins can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- For mini-muffins – bake for 10-13 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast and Sweet Breads
Keywords: Difficulty – Easy, Breakfast, Muffins, Blueberry, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Oats, Refined Sugar Free