Does anything scream Summer more than TOMATOES!? I planted one tomato plant on my small apartment patio a few weeks ago and I can't believe I already have little tomato flowers!!! This year I bought a tomato cage to corral my plant (because last year got a tad out of control), and I can hardly wait for it to overflow with sweet tomato goodness. You better believe this bruschetta chicken will be on repeat all Summer! Did I mention it only takes 30 minutes to make?
This is one of my go-to chicken recipes, especially when tomatoes are at their peak, but I can usually find the little Compari tomatoes year-round. Check your local Costco, Trader Joes, or sometimes my Ralphs (Kroger) has them, too. They usually come in one of those plastic clamshells. The best news - you are only 30 minute away from an epic bruschetta chicken dinner!
My secret tip to perfect juicy chicken (or any meat really) is flip only once. Whether you're grilling your chicken (my preference) or using a cast iron skillet, FLIP ONCE. Trust me. I know you can be tempted to flip over and over. Flipping once locks in those juices and really seals in the flavor. These chicken breasts are seasoned simply with salt and pepper before cooking because that is truly all they need. The flavor comes alive with the bruschetta topping.
While the chicken is cooking, you can simply mix the chopped tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. This dish looks way fancier than it is, which means it would make a great dish for entertaining. Serve alongside my oven roasted potatoes and kale salad and you've got yourself a de-licious dinner!Print
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
This bruschetta chicken comes together in 30 minutes! A beautiful chicken dish simply seasoned with a delicious tomato basil salad on top.
- 4, 6oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 7-8 Campari or similar small tomatoes, seeds removed, and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8-10 basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Rub each one with a little bit of oil, and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, basil, garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir, and set aside.
- When your grill is hot, cook chicken breasts for 6-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Internal temperature should read 160 in the thickest part of the meat when done. Juices should also run clear when poked.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before topping with the bruschetta mixture and serving.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Poultry, Meat, Dinner
- Method: Grill
Keywords: Bruschetta, Chicken, Grilled, Whole30, Keto
Leave a Comment