You know my 90/10 rule? You know, 90% of the time you eat healthy, clean, balanced meals and then 10% of the time you indulge and let yourself live? Well, this recipe definitely falls under that 10%! These cheesecake turtle brownies are seriously decadent…and once you find out how easy they are, you’re definitely going to want to make a batch!
Here’s the deal – a thick fudge brownie layer is swirled with caramel and a perfect cheesecake filling before being topped with toasted pecans and MORE CARAMEL! Oh, and extra dark chocolate chips for good measure, because, well, duh. And the best part? You use your favorite boxed brownie mix to make this recipe super easy! Yep, let’s do this!
I like to make these gluten free by using my favorite gluten free brownie mix from King Arthur Flour. I then mix gluten free flour into the cheesecake batter, and voila! I dare you to eat just one of these brownies. Scratch that. I double dog dare you. It is darn near impossible to resist their perfectly sweet, chocolatey, caramel, pecan genius-ness.
If you’re looking for other ways to embrace that 10% side of your healthy lifestyle, check out these Summer strawberry and white chocolate chunk cookies!Print
These cheesecake turtle brownies are an easy fudge brownie recipe with a cream cheese swirl, caramel, extra chocolate chips, and toasted pecans. The ultimate turtle treat!
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (mine is King Arthur Gluten Free), and all ingredients needed according to brownie box directions
- ½ – ¾ cup caramel sauce
- 1 8oz brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose gluten free flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans*
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×15 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and flour. Beat on medium-high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Add ½ of the toasted pecans and chocolate chips to the batter and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Drizzle half of the caramel over the batter.
- Add heaping scoops of the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter, and using a sharp knife, swirl the cream cheese into the brownie batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining toasted pecans and chocolate chips and press gently into the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel before serving.
To toast the pecans, roast raw pecans on a baking sheet at 350 degrees until fragrant and lightly toasted. About 10 minutes.