Don't ya just love Wednesday's on a short week!? Two days into work and you're already on the downhill slide to the weekend! One of the things that is on my to-do list, pretty much every weekend is meal prep! Planning your meals before the start of the week is one of the best ways to guarantee healthy eating, while balancing a hectic schedule. BUT, say you don't have time on the weekend and you're in a scramble during the week. This cherry and toasted almond overnight oats recipe is a life saver!
If you've never tried overnight oats, I highly suggest giving it a go! It is an easy way to make a healthy and quick breakfast the night before, so you can grab and go in the morning. I do have a confession to make - the appeal of overnight oats was sort of lost on me for awhile. I used to think, "Cold soggy oatmeal? No thanks!" And then one day I actually tried it (funny how that can change your opinion) and I am a total convert!
Yes, it is cold oatmeal, but it is crazy how delicious it is, especially when you throw in some toasted almonds and dried tart cherries. Give this tart cherry and toasted almond overnight oats recipe a try and tell me what you think!
These 17oz glass jars are great for mixing up overnight oats. Each jar is about 2 servings.Print
Cherry and Toasted Almond Overnight Oats
- Total Time: 6+ Hours
- Yield: About 2 Cups 1x
An easy gluten-free and dairy-free overnight oat recipe full of crunchy toasted almonds and dried tart cherries. The perfect breakfast to have ready for busy mornings.
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk – almond, cashew, hemp
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup toasted almonds*, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped dried cherries
- 1 Tbsp cherry jam (my favorite is Bonne Maman)
- splash of vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the cherry jam, and mix well. Add to a mason jar, or small container, layering with the cherry jam. Cover in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, or ideally overnight.
- Best if enjoyed within the first 24-36 hours after making.
To toast the almonds, roast raw almonds on a baking sheet at 350 degrees until fragrant and lightly toasted. About 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6+Hours for Refrigeration
- Category: Breakfast
Leave a Comment