An easy gluten-free and dairy-free overnight oat recipe full of crunchy toasted almonds and dried tart cherries. The perfect breakfast to have ready for busy mornings.
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk – almond, cashew, hemp
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup toasted almonds*, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped dried cherries
- 1 Tbsp cherry jam (my favorite is Bonne Maman)
- splash of vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the cherry jam, and mix well. Add to a mason jar, or small container, layering with the cherry jam. Cover in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, or ideally overnight.
- Best if enjoyed within the first 24-36 hours after making.
To toast the almonds, roast raw almonds on a baking sheet at 350 degrees until fragrant and lightly toasted. About 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6+Hours for Refrigeration
- Category: Breakfast