A delicious and creamy Chunky Monkey banana “nice cream” recipe full of dark chocolate chunks and walnut pieces. The ultimate non-dairy frozen treat!
- 6-7 large bananas, cut into chunks, and frozen
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I like cashew)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup raw walnut pieces
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chunks (I like to use paleo dark chocolate)
- Using the large bowl on your food processor, add the frozen bananas, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract. Pulse until the bananas are broken up, and then process on high for 3-4 minutes, or until completely smooth and creamy. You may have to stop and scrape down the sides periodically.
- Pour half of the banana mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment, or another freezer-friendly container. Sprinkle half of the walnuts and dark chocolate on top before adding the other half of the banana mixture over top. Sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and dark chocolate. Cover, and freeze until solid – about 1 hour.
Nice cream should be stored in an air-tight container and best eaten within a few days. It loses its creaminess and can become icy if left longer.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: Nice Cream, Chunky Monkey, Banana, Walnut, Dark Chocolate