A delicious, easy, and light cilantro lime baked salmon recipe with fresh and bright flavors. The salmon is seasoned simply with salt and pepper before baking. The recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and vegetarian.
- 2 6oz salmon fillets, skin on.
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Tamari, soy sauce, or liquid aminos
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1 Tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and set aside.
- Rinse the salmon, and pat dry. Arrange fillets on the foil, skin side down, and generously rub with avocado (or olive) oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon is flaked easily with a fork. Be careful not to overcook. Remove the salmon skin carefully by sliding a stiff spatula between the flesh and the skin. Scrape off any remaining pieces that may have stuck to the fillet.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the Tamari, lime juice, lime zest, honey, cilantro, and red pepper flakes. Pour over top of the salmon just prior to serving.