An easy, “Copycat,” recipe for cilantro lime brown rice, that tastes just like Chipotle’s. A great base for burrito bowls, or side dish for taco night!
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp avocado (or olive) oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp flake salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions, adding the bay leaf, 1 tsp salt, and oil. I use Lundberg brand, and the instructions are as follows: Combine 1 cup rice, 1 ½ cups water, and bring to a boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce heat to low simmer and cook for 40 minutes. Remove from heat, with the lid on, and let steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove rice from stove, and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.