Since I started working out of a co-working space earlier this year, it has been my mission to keep eating healthy lunches that aren’t boring! It is so easy to get stuck in a rut, especially if you bring your lunch every day and you’re tight on time. It takes some creativity to keep things interesting, but rather than pack a sandwich or salad every day, I love finding inventive ways to roll up a collard green leaf! You’ve seen me make them on Instagram before…but I love that I can stuff them with all sorts of veggies and protein and switch up the filling to keep things new and different. The flavor is really mild and they hold up really well traveling to the office. My latest filling obsession is this curry chicken salad.
First of all, if you’re not a fan of curry, you might have to just keep on moving. This spicy, tangy, seasoning is one of my favorites and it adds so much flavor to this dish. It’s also really the star player…other wise this would just be any ‘ole chicken salad!
I love using canned chicken in this recipe because I always have some in the pantry, but I’ve also shredded rotisserie chicken before and it is just as delicious! The chicken really plays second fiddle in this recipe – the seasoning, celery, cilantro, green onion, almonds, bell pepper, and coconut really come together to make this no ordinary curry chicken salad.
It is chock full of veggies, and has a perfect balance of textures. Between the chicken, creamy mayonnaise, and crunchy vegetables, this curry chicken salad is guaranteed to make you look forward to lunch every day!Print
Curry chicken salad is an easy lunch idea, full of flavor, and guaranteed to add a little spice to your weekly meal prep. This healthy lunch recipe is paleo friendly, gluten free, and Whole30 compliant.
- 8–10oz white meat chicken (canned chicken, or shredded rotisserie)
- 1 cup celery, chopped in small pieces
- ¼ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped, white and light green parts only
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 large collard green leaves, cut in half
- shredded coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, almonds, mayonnaise, cilantro, green onion, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Taste, and adjust spices as needed.
- Scoop ½ – ¾ cup chicken salad into each collard green leaf. Garnish with a few sliced bell pepper strips, coconut, and roll tightly.