Crispy curry flavored chickpeas roasted in the oven. With a few simple tricks, oven roasted chickpeas can really be crispy and airy. These are lightly dusted with a curry powder seasoning for a zesty crispy treat. They make a great snack or topping for salads.
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Drain, rinse, and really dry the chickpeas on a towel. Pinch each chickpea to remove the outside skin. Dry skinned chickpeas again thoroughly by gently rolling them around on the towel.
- In a small bowl, combine chickpeas, avocado oil, and salt. Toss to coat well. Spread chickpeas on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes before shaking the chickpeas around and cooking for an additional 15 – 30 minutes. The chickpeas should be airy/dry but will continue to crisp while they cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the curry powder, garlic powder, and turmeric powder.
- While the chickpeas are still warm from the oven, toss them in the spice blend. Allow to them to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Dried chickpeas last for 2-3 in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Chickpeas, Curry, Oven Roasted