Easy to peel hard boiled eggs 2 ways – with and without an Instant Pot.
- 6 large eggs
- large ice water bath
- Place the steamer insert into your Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water. Arrange eggs on top of steamer and lock your lid. Make sure the steam release valve is on sealing.
- Cook eggs on manual high pressure for 6 minutes. Remember, it will take some time to come to pressure before the cooking timer starts.
- Carefully release the pressure valve. Once it is safe to do so, remove the lid, and use tongs to transfer the eggs to the ice water bath. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before using or storing in the refrigerator.
- Leave eggs in the refrigerator, while you bring a large pot of water to a boil. When the water is boiling, lower the temperature to medium.
- Carefully lower the cold eggs into the boiling water one at a time. Cover, and allow to simmer (not boil) for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the eggs from the water and transfer to the ice bath. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before using or storing in the refrigerator.
Hard boiled eggs will keep in the refrigerator for one week. Peeled eggs should be eaten on the same day.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6 - 15 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: Candida Plan, Difficulty – Easy, Eggs, Breakfast, Hard Boiled, Instant Pot