These light and cakey cookies are studded with fresh strawberries and white chocolate chunks.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped into little pieces
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon, about 1 heaping Tbsp
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8oz chopped white chocolate
- 3–4 Tbsp flour (for coating strawberries)
- Line two large rimmed cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Toss to coat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add remaining lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet in 3 parts. Combining well after each addition. Stir in white chocolate chunks.
- Drain the liquid off of the strawberries and add the 3 Tbsp of flour. Toss to coat. (This prevents your cookies from turning pink!) Slowly stir strawberries in to batter.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto ONE of the prepared pans. Refrigerate dough for 30mins-60mins to allow dough to set.
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Using the other prepared pan, work in batches of 12. Keep remaining dough in fridge until ready to bake. Bake each batch for 15-18 minutes until the edges start to turn golden.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies are best served same day.