Be honest, how many of you remember Otter Pops from childhood and secretly wish it was socially acceptable to eat them as an adult? I am over here raising my hand! Though, I am not sure I actually miss the cloying syrup flavors as much as the novelty of eating an ice pop out of a tube rather than on a stick. Why is that so satisfying? Hmmm. Definitely something to think about! While you’re thinking about it, you should make these fresh watermelon margarita popsicles!
I was so stinking excited when I found these ice pop bags on Amazon. Naturally instead of doing a “family friendly” popsicle (i.e. one that doesn’t contain alcohol), I went for frozen fresh watermelon margarita popsicles! I don’t have kids yet, so my freezer can be full of these things and I don’t have to worry! If you do have kids, just hide these bad boys in the back so those little hands don’t mistake them for one of their own!
If you love a good margarita, you’re going to love this super fun version! I used fresh watermelon, lime juice, and lime zest, with just a touch of agave. This is the perfect blended frozen treat to enjoy with friends on a hot evening. It’s one of the last remaining Friday’s of Summer people, so get a move on, and enjoy every minute!Print
Fresh watermelon margarita popsicles are a fun and simple spin on traditional margaritas.
- 5 cups fresh watermelon chunks
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- juice of 2 limes, approximately ¼ cup
- 2 Tbsp agave
- ½ cup blanco tequila
- In a blender or food processor, blend together the watermelon, lime zest, lime juice, agave, and tequila until smooth.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the liquid into a measuring cup to remove any remaining pulp
- Using a funnel, fill each popsicle bag until the fill line.
- Freeze upright for 3-4 hours or until firm.