These easy grilled vegetables make the perfect Summer side dish.
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, stem, seeds and pith removed, cut into 8–10 pieces
- 1 zucchini, ¼ inch sliced on a diagonal
- 1 yellow squash, ¼ inch sliced on a diagonal
- ½ white, or purple onion, ¼ inch sliced, secure with a toothpick to keep rounds together
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3–4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crumbled feta or goat cheese for garnish (optional)
- Add all cut vegetables to gallon size Ziplock bag, except mushrooms. Mushrooms act like a sponge, so do not add them to the bag until ready to grill.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, sage, salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over veggies, seal the bag, and toss to coat. Leave bag on counter to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Pre-heat grill to medium heat. Carefully arrange a single layer of vegetables on the grill. Be careful as the olive oil can cause flare ups! Add the mushrooms to the marinade bag and quickly toss to coat before adding them to the grill. Grill vegetables for 4-5 minutes a side, or until desired doneness.
- Transfer grilled vegetables to a plate and allow to cool for a few minutes before topping with crumbled feta or goat cheese.