A hearty breakfast bowl full of fluffy scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, and sautéed vegetables. Non-dairy, gluten-free, and vegetarian.
- 2 eggs, whisked together in a bowl with 1 Tbsp water
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil, olive oil, or ghee
- 1/4 of an avocado, sliced
- leftover cooked vegetables, or 1/4-1/2 sliced red bell pepper and 1/4 cup sliced yellow onion
- leftover roasted potatoes, like these parsley potatoes, or my favorite sweet potato hash
- your favorite salsas, like this pico de gallo, or roasted tomatillo
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of your cooking oil. Add your leftover cooked vegetables OR peppers and onions and sauté until soft and tender. About 5-10 minutes. Your cooked vegetables may need less time, so keep an eye on them. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and arrange on your serving plate/bowl.
- In the same frying pan, over medium heat, add the leftover potatoes and fry until reheated and crispy. Remove from heat, and arrange next to your peppers and onions.
- In the same frying pan, over medium heat, add the remaining oil and scrambled eggs. Work the eggs with a spatula, moving from the edge, towards the center. Tilt the pan to move any liquid egg towards the edge of the pan. Continue to scramble the eggs until cooked to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add your scrambled eggs to your serving dish, along with the avocado, and your salsa(s).
This is a great way to use up leftovers. Use what you have. The idea is to have a starch/grain, fat, protein, and vegetables. Get creative!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: Breakfast, Eggs, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free