Happy Friday friends! The passing of Easter officially kicks off grilling season in my book, who is with me?! I am already dreaming up all of the chicken wings, burgers, and other delicious things I'll be throwing on the BBQ this year, and I am starting with these homemade hamburger patties.
Believe it or not - this is the MOST PINNED recipe on the entire site! These homemade hamburger patties are also one of my oldest recipes. I recently re-shot the recipe (drool worthy Pinterest images anyone?) so I thought I would refresh the blog post along with it!
This recipe is actually a Prince family favorite. My mom calls them, "hamburger steaks," because growing up we never actually ate them between a bun. She would usually serve them with mashed potatoes and a veggie of some kind. But whether I am eating them steak style, or between a bun, it's hard to beat their flavor!
They are made with high-quality ground beef, seasoned simply with diced onion, Italian parsley, salt, pepper, and liquid aminos. Growing up my mom would use Worcestershire Sauce instead of liquid amino acids. I can honestly say both ways are delicious - but as I've gotten used to the flavor of liquid aminos, I much prefer it.
Perhaps the best part about these homemade hamburger patties is that they are freezer friendly. I usually keep at least 4 in my freezer at all times. After forming the patties, I wrap them individually in saran wrap and store them in a freezer bag.
Happy grilling everyone!Print
The Best Homemade Hamburger Patties (Freezer Friendly!)
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 8 Patties 1x
These homemade hamburger patties are seasoned simply with onion, parsley, and liquid aminos. They are paleo, Whole30 compliant, and freezer friendly.
- 2 bs lean ground beef
- 3 Tbsp liquid amino acids (or Worcestershire sauce)
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- ⅓ cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add beef, liquid aminos, yellow onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well to thoroughly distribute flavors.
- Form mixture into equal sized patties. I like making 8 patties and storing the extras in the freezer.
- If eating right away, allow the flavors to blend by letting patties rest in the fridge for minimum 1 hour.
- To freeze: wrap individual patties in Saran Wrap. Place wrapped patties in a large freezer Ziplock. Store for up to 3 months.
- To cook: pre-heat grill or skillet to medium heat. Cook burgers until desired doneness, turning once.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Meat, Beef
- Method: Grilling
Keywords: Homemade Hamburger Patties, Paleo, Keto, Whole30, Recipe
Leave a Comment