Have you started prepping for game day yet? Super Bowl is just around the corner and is one of my favorite snack days of the year! Everyone is with me on this, right? I am sure there are all sorts of unhealthy (and oh so gloriously delicious) things on your list for the big game, but what about a good ole' fashioned pico de gallo? It may very well be the only vegetable based thing on your menu! This easy homemade pico de gallo recipe is out of this world delicious and so easy to make! Just a few fresh ingredients are between you, and the best salsa of your life.
This fresh stuff is way better than anything store bought and you can adjust the flavors to your liking. This recipe has just the right amount of kick thanks to the fresh jalapeño, but has a nice citrus balance with the lime juice. It is easy to whip up, and serves a crowd! But football and snacking isn't the only thing it is good for!
Some of my favorite excuses to eat this homemade pico de gallo include - throwing it on my eggs in the morning, scooping it over grilled chicken, and using it as a dressing in a taco salad. It's as tasty as it is multi-functional!Print
Easy Homemade Pico De Gallo
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 Cups 1x
This is the best homemade pico de gallo made with fresh roma tomatoes, white onion, cilantro, and lime juice. It is so much better than store-bought.
- 6 Roma tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed, and chopped into smaller chunks
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño, pith (white part) and seeds removed, finely chopped (about ⅓ cup)
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, salt, and pepper, in a large bowl and mix well. Adjust flavors as needed.
- If you have time before serving, allow the salsa to rest in the fridge for a few hours. It will allow the flavors to blend.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Pico de Gallo, Homemade, Recipe, Salsa, Easy, Keto, Paleo, Whole30
Leave a Comment