This is the best homemade pico de gallo made with fresh roma tomatoes, white onion, cilantro, and lime juice. It is so much better than store-bought.
- 6 Roma tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed, and chopped into smaller chunks
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño, pith (white part) and seeds removed, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, salt, and pepper, in a large bowl and mix well. Adjust flavors as needed.
- If you have time before serving, allow the salsa to rest in the fridge for a few hours. It will allow the flavors to blend.