This bright lemon bundt cake is not too sweet, not too tart, and perfectly moist. A perfect lemony treat!
For the Cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
For the Syrup:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Use butter to grease a standard bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer on medium-high speed to cream together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest, until light and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- On low speed, alternate in 2-3 parts, the yogurt mixture and the dry ingredients. Beat after each addition, but do not over mix. Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before inverting onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely. I nest my cooling rack in a rimmed baking sheet to make the next two steps mess-free.
- To make the syrup, combine the sugar and lemon juice in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and thickens. Use a pastry brush to brush the entire cake with the syrup, ensuring to use all of it. Allow cake to cool completely before moving onto the glaze.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until completely smooth. Glaze should be thick but still pourable. Pour the glaze evenly over the cake and allow to set for 30 minutes before transferring the cake to a plate or carrier.
Cake should always be served at room temperature. If storing, make sure cake is in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Best eaten within a few days.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Category: Dessert, Spring
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Lemon Bundt Cake, Spring, Dessert,