This orzo pasta salad is full of flavor and the perfect side dish for BBQs and parties.
- 1 cup (uncooked) orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions, about 3 1/3 cups when cooked
- ½ cup feta cheese cubes
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup packed spinach leaves, cut into ribbons (chiffonade)
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves, cut into ribbons (chiffonade)
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook orzo pasta according to package directions. Do not overcook. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent it from sticking. Allow orzo to cool.
- Prepare the dressing in a 1 cup measuring cup. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. It should be about 1/3 cup total. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add the feta, sun dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, spinach, basil, and two kinds of peppers to the cooled orzo.
- Pour the dressing over top and toss gently to thoroughly coat and mix the salad.
- Serve chilled.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Sides, Vegetarian
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Orzo, Mediterranean, Pasta, Salad, Side Dish