Three kinds of melon are layered with salty prosciutto and creamy mozzarella for a portable and fun take on a classic flavor combination.
- 1 small cantaloupe melon, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 small honeydew melon, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 small watermelon, cut in half
- 4 oz prosciutto ham
- 1 cup small pearl Mozzarella
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Small, 6”-8” skewers
- Using the small end of the melon baller, dig into the melon flesh and scoop, making even spheres. Do this until you’ve balled the entire melon. Avoid digging into the rind. Set melon aside.
- Stack the prosciutto slices and cut it into four equal pieces. Set aside.
- Drain mozzarella balls. Set aside.
- Wash and dry approximately 36 basil leaves. Set aside.
- Start assembling the skewers by layering a melon ball, piece of prosciutto, mozzarella ball, and basil. Keep stacking until you reach the end of your skewer.
- Keep assembling the skewers until you’ve reached your desired number of skewers.
These skewers are best served day of. There is a lot of moisture in the mozzarella and melon that tends to make the prosciutto slimy if left too long.