These mini dark chocolate crispy fruit bites are an easy no-bake dessert great for Summer BBQs and parties. The red, white, and blue, makes these the perfect Memorial Day, 4th of July, or Labor Day bite sized dessert.
- 2 cups chocolate puffed rice cereal
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp refined coconut oil
- Whipped cream (you can also use coconut whipped cream)
- Fresh berries - blueberries, sliced strawberries, raspberries
- Line a mini-muffin pan with paper liners, or grease each well with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse the chocolate puffed rice cereal until it resembles coarse crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, you can also use a blender, OR you can add the cereal to a Ziplock bag, and gently smash it. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil and chocolate. I recommend starting at :30s intervals and stirring after each interval to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate cereal into the chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add approximately 1 Tbsp of the chocolate mixture to each muffin well. Gently press the mixture down and around to the sides to create a “cup”.
- Freeze the mini-muffin pan for 20 minutes, or until the chocolate has completely hardened.
- Gently remove each chocolate cup by either turning the pan over, or twisting each one until it releases.
- Add about a Tbsp of whipped cream to each chocolate cup and top with an arrangement of your favorite berries. Serve immediately.
The whipped cream tends to melt and not hold its shape if left out. If you are planning on bringing these to a party, I suggest making the chocolate cups ahead of time, keeping them in the freezer or refrigerator, and assembling with the whipped cream and berries just prior to serving.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Desserts, Summer, No Bake
Keywords: No Bake, Dessert, Red White and Blue, Summer, Gluten Free, Whipped Cream, Berries