February has been an awesome month, I can hardly wait to see what March has in store! I am off to Palm Springs this weekend to watch one of my dear friends get married and I can hardly wait! During busy seasons, meal prep becomes all the more important because nourishing my body with yummy food keeps me strong and healthy and gives me the energy to power through. Even though it takes a little bit of extra time on the weekend, I can eat like a queen for a whole week! One of my favorite meal prep recipes is crispy oven roasted potatoes.
This simple recipe requires only a handful of ingredients, and prep is even easier. But man oh man, are these little golden cubes delicious when they are hot out of the oven. I can make a big batch of these oven roasted potatoes on Sunday and then use the leftovers all week. Reheated, they are quite tasty, but I actually love eating these for breakfast under bed of fluffy eggs, like in my Hearty Breakfast Bowl.
Cubed baby potatoes (either red or yellow) are thrown in a Ziplock bag with minced shallot, chopped fresh parsley leaves, and olive oil. That’s it! Once you dump them out onto a cookie sheet, or my personal favorite – a large cast iron skillet, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and pop them in the oven. Before you know it, you have these delightfully crispy little cubes of potato goodness. I can hardly wait for them to cool, before snacking on a few! The ones that are extra crispy and stick to the pan are my favorite!Print
An easy recipe for crispy oven roasted potatoes with Italian parsley and shallots.
- 5–6 small potatoes, red or yellow, cubed
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced, about ¼ – ½ cup
- ¼ cup olive or avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425F degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil (saves you clean-up!), or use a large cast iron skillet.
- In a gallon size Ziploc, add cubed potatoes, shallot, ¼ cup parsley, and olive oil. Zip bag, and toss it around to coat.
- Spread potatoes on prepared pan, or in skillet, in an even later. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until desired crispieness is achieved.