A decadent treat for two, you would never guess this chocolate chunk skillet cookie is paleo!
- ¾ cup almond flour, I like King Arthur brand
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp melted and cooled ghee or refined coconut oil*
- 1 egg, beaten, use only 2 Tbsp
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped paleo chocolate, plus more chunks for adding on top
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, ghee (or coconut oil), egg, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients into the dry, and whisk/stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Press the cookie dough into a small, 6in oven-proof skillet. Add additional chocolate chunks on top, if desired (which is always!).
- Bake skillet cookie for 12 – 15 minutes, or until desired doneness.
Coconut oil is a semi-solid at room temperature. When using in baking, make sure to always melt coconut oil first, then measure. I usually eyeball an amount into a small container and melt in few second increments in the microwave. This prevents heating and reheating your entire jar.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 - 20 Minutes
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: Difficulty – Easy, Dessert, Paleo, Skillet Cookie, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Chocolate Chunk, Refined Sugar Free