This is the easiest recipe for peppermint brownies ever! A festive holiday dessert, these peppermint brownies are sure to be a chocolately treat everyone will enjoy during the holidays.
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
- all the ingredients needed to prepare recipe on back of brownie box
- Peppermint Joe Joes from Trader Joes, or your favorite peppermint chocolate cookie
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract, or 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- optional: crushed candy cane or festive sprinkles for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, or grease, and set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on back of the box. Add peppermint extract (or essential oil), and mix well. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Add a layer of peppermint Joe Joes, spacing them out evenly. Pour the remaining batter over top and spread evenly. Top with festive sprinkles or crushed candy cane.
- Bake according to package directions, about 25-35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25-35 Minutes
- Category: Dessert, Winter, Holiday
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Peppermint Brownies, Holiday Dessert, Christmas Dessert, Chocolate, Easy Recipe