Happy official start of Summer! Anyone else love a good healthy dip that doubles as the perfect appetizer? I love entertaining, and serving fresh and light meals that highlight the flavors of the season, but I don’t always have time to prepare a fancy meal. This pesto and sun-dried tomato dip looks so pretty and sophisticated, and it comes together in a snap!
I got the idea from this dip I find perusing the farmer’s market on Saturday’s. There is a dip/salsa/hummus gal that has this dip in a small container. She charges $6/piece for it, and I am fairly certain I’ve polished it off in one sitting. It is so tasty!
A bright basil and parsley pesto, whipped up in my food processor, meets sun-dried tomatoes and creamy goat cheese to make this dreamy dip. I usually serve it with a nutty crispy cracker alongside a nice hummus and crudités platter. But, I’ve also been known to toss it with hot pasta for a quick meal, or use it as a spread for a wrap or sandwich.
Feta can just as easily be used instead of goat cheese, though who doesn’t love creamy goat cheese?! This pesto and sun-dried tomato dip is sure to be your favorite this Summer!Print
This is such a beautiful and flavorful appetizer with a layer each of pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese.
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1–2 garlic cloves, to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- goat cheese crumbles
- Add basil, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil to a small food processor, or blender, and pulse until smooth. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Using a small plate or bowl, layer the pesto, chopped sundried tomatoes, and sprinkle a generous handful of goat cheese on top. Serve with crackers or sliced French bread.
I use plain sun-dried tomatoes, but if you use the ones in oil, make sure you drain them on a paper towel first.