A light, fresh, and easy salmon recipe with a tasty corn and radish relish on top. A perfect weeknight recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes.
- 4, 5oz wild salmon fillets, skin on, bones removed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
- 2 cups corn kernels, ideally fresh, but if using frozen, defrost and drain before using
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced thin (I used a 1 setting on my handheld mandolin)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 2 – 3 Tbsp lime juice
- Start the corn first. Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, and the corn. Stir frequently, until corn is golden and has started to char, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat, and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425F degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry salmon fillets. Check for and remove any remaining bones. Rub both sides in avocado oil and arrange fillets skin-side down on baking sheet. I use a clay baker, but if using a metal pan, I advise lining with foil for easy clean up!
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper, and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until cooked through. Salmon will feel firm, and flake easily when done.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the relish - in the bowl with the corn, add bell pepper, scallions, radishes, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, and salt and pepper. Toss, and adjust flavors as needed to taste.
- Remove skin from salmon fillets, before serving. It should scrape off easily with a spatula.
- To serve, arrange fillets and top with corn and radish relish.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Seafood
Keywords: Candida Plan, Corn, Difficulty - Easy, Gluten Free, Radish, Salmon, Keto, Vegetarian