This is the best slow cooker chili recipe! Full of bold flavor, and so easy to make. Great for football or entertaining a large crowd. Can be made with beef, turkey, or vegetarian.
- 1 ½ lb ground beef or turkey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup minced jalapeño pepper, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 32oz tomato juice
- 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup brewed black coffee
- 16oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 16oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- optional: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions for topping
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat until cooked through. Transfer meat to a bowl, and drain excess grease from the skillet, but do not wipe the pan clean.
- Over medium heat, add the olive oil to your skillet, and then the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, and parsley. Stir occasionally, until the onions are tender. Add the garlic. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat then add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir well.
- Add the meat and veggie mixture to your slow cooker. Add the tomato juice, coffee, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and both kinds of beans. Stir to combine everything well.
- Cover and set your slow cooker on LOW and cook for 8 hours, or HIGH and for 4 hours.
- Top chili with shredded cheese, sour cream, and green onions, if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Hours (Low), 4 Hours (High)
- Category: Soups and Stews, Meat, Winter, Fall
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: Slow Cooker, Chili, Beef, Gluten Free, Easy, Recipe