Easy avocado toast at home with wild smoked salmon, arugula, and a perfectly poached egg, with just a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- 2 large slices fresh sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz WILD smoked salmon
- fresh arugula
- ½ avocado, sliced
- olive oil for drizzling
- red pepper flakes, optional
- micro greens for garnish, optional
- Spray a small 8-in skillet with cooking spray, or rub with oil. Add ½ cup water. Heat over medium-high heat, and watch for the water to start bubbling (not boiling).
- While waiting for the water to heat, start your toast.
- Crack the eggs one at a time into the water. Turn the heat to low, and cover. Cook eggs for 3-4 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- While the eggs are cooking, begin assembling your avocado toast. Start with a layer of avocado, then a layer of arugula, followed by the smoked salmon.
- Carefully remove the eggs from the fry pan without breaking the yolks, and drain any excess water.
- Slide the eggs on top of the salmon. Drizzle with olive oil, and top with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and micro greens, if desired.