Vegetarian refried beans and seasoned sautéed veggies make these spicy sheet pan nachos a fan favorite. #nachos #vegetarian
- 1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter or ghee
- ½ yellow onion (about 1 cup), diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 18-24 pickled jalapeños, either tamed or hot
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar jack cheese
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a ¼ sheet jelly roll pan by either spraying it with cooking spray, or covering it with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the oil and butter. Sauté the diced onion and pepper until tender, about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and stir until well combined. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- While the veggie mixture is cooling, spread an even layer of refried beans on your prepared pan. Take the tortilla chips and arrange them in the beans, so each chip digs into the layer of beans and creates a scooping motion. Sprinkle the veggie mixture evenly over the chips, ensuring that it gets down into the nooks and crannies. Spread out the pickled jalapeños on top. Finally, sprinkle with a healthy layer of cheese.
- Bake the nachos for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro for garnish, and serve with your favorite salsas, sour cream, and of course, guacamole!
- This recipe can easily be doubled, if you want to serve a crowd, just use a 1/2 sheet pan, and cook for an additional couple of minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Difficulty – Easy, Nachos, Appetizers, Snacks, Football Food, Vegetarian, Mexican Food, Gluten Free