Freezer-friendly and peanut-free protein energy bites are a delicious snack or dessert. They are full of healthy fats, heart healthy seeds, and sweetened with just a touch of honey.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (I pulse mine in a food processor for 1-2 seconds)
- 1 cup ground flaxseed powder
- ¼ cup raw chia seeds
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups toasted coconut*
- 1 ¼ cups cashew or almond butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Roll into round tablespoon sized balls and place on a cookie sheet
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for 90 minutes before transferring balls to an airtight container.
To toast coconut, add to a large skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until flakes begin to brown and become aromatic.
Homemade energy bites will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. I keep mine in the freezer (up to 2 months) until I am ready to eat them. Thaw for 5-10 minutes before trying to eat them straight from the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks
Keywords: Difficulty – Easy, protein bites, freezer friendly, chia seeds, flax seeds, honey, coconut, gluten free, dairy free