I can’t believe the Eagles won! What a great game! I also can’t believe that I wasn’t able to partake in all of the gloriousness that is Super Bowl Sunday because I was blessed with a bout of food poisoning on Friday night! It absolutely sucked all joy out of the weekend and took my appetite right along with it. Yuck. Thankfully I am starting to feel better just in time for my favorite day of the week…TACO TUESDAY! This week I am celebrating with some homemade tequila lime shrimp tacos.
This is a super healthy spin on traditional seafood tacos. They are naturally gluten-free thanks to the corn tortillas, and you won’t find any creamy sauces, sour cream, or cheese here. I promise, you won’t miss any of it!
These tasty little street tacos are drool worthy, let me tell you! The shrimps take a little swim in tequila, lime juice, lime zest, fresh garlic and seasonings before being cooked up and packed into these flavorful tacos. I love layering the cooked shrimp with cool, crisp cabbage, my fresh pico de gallo, and of course lots of avocado or guacamole.
These tequila lime shrimp tacos are guaranteed to please next time you’re craving a little something different on taco night!Print
Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Street Tacos, 3-4 People 1x
Easy and healthy tequila lime shrimp tacos marinaded in fresh lime juice, lime zest, and a great blend of seasonings. They are not too spicy, and pack a punch of flavor. Served on a bed of shredded cabbage, with fresh pico de gallo, and guacamole.
- 1 lb – 1 ½ lb small shrimps, peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp tequila
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 limes, juiced
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 12 street size corn tortillas
- thinly shredded purple cabbage
- fresh pico de gallo
- avocado or guacamole
- lime wedges, for serving
- cilantro leaves (optional)
- Assemble the shrimp marinade by whisking the tequila, cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne (optional), lime juice, lime zest, garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to combine. Allow the shrimp to marinate for at least 10 minutes, or up to 24 hours (covered in the fridge).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, and the shrimp. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until shrimp are firm and no longer translucent in the center.
- While the shrimps are cooking, heat the corn tortillas in a large skillet.
- Assemble the tacos by taking a tortilla, adding a pile of shredded cabbage, the shrimp, salsa, guacamole and cilantro leaves.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Seafood, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Tequila, Lime, Shrimp, Tacos, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Leave a Comment