Easy and healthy tequila lime shrimp tacos marinaded in fresh lime juice, lime zest, and a great blend of seasonings. They are not too spicy, and pack a punch of flavor. Served on a bed of shredded cabbage, with fresh pico de gallo, and guacamole.
- 1 lb – 1 ½ lb small shrimps, peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp tequila
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 limes, juiced
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 12 street size corn tortillas
- thinly shredded purple cabbage
- fresh pico de gallo
- avocado or guacamole
- lime wedges, for serving
- cilantro leaves (optional)
- Assemble the shrimp marinade by whisking the tequila, cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne (optional), lime juice, lime zest, garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to combine. Allow the shrimp to marinate for at least 10 minutes, or up to 24 hours (covered in the fridge).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, and the shrimp. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until shrimp are firm and no longer translucent in the center.
- While the shrimps are cooking, heat the corn tortillas in a large skillet.
- Assemble the tacos by taking a tortilla, adding a pile of shredded cabbage, the shrimp, salsa, guacamole and cilantro leaves.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Seafood, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Tequila, Lime, Shrimp, Tacos, Gluten Free, Dairy Free