This is the best chunky guacamole recipe and a must-have on Taco Tuesday…or any day for that matter! Full of flavor and fresh citrus, it comes together in minutes.
- 4 small Haas avocados (about 2 cups when mashed)
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- scant ½ cup finely diced jalapeño pepper (seeds and white part removed)
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper, + more to taste
- ½ tsp salt, + more to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pits and discard. Scoop out the avocado flesh and add to a small mixing bowl.
- Add the red onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- Using the back of a fork, mash the avocado and mix the ingredients until desired consistency. I don’t like to over-mash. Taste and adjust the flavor by adding more salt, pepper, lime, etc. as you see fit.
- If you have the time, allow the guacamole to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
Store guacamole in an airtight container, or carefully press a piece of saran wrap on top to cover the surface.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Snacks, Mexican Food
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Guacamole, Avocado, Lime Juice, Red Onion, Jalapeño Pepper, Cilantro, Appetizer, Snack, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, Mexican Food