These wedge salad skewers are a convenient and portable way to enjoy all the flavors you love from a classic wedge. Layers of bacon, crisp iceberg, and tomatoes, all drizzled with blue cheese crumbles and ranch dressing.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 36 cherry tomatoes
- 18 slices of bacon (approximately 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 6" skewers
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, and layer bacon in a single layer. You might need two baking sheets to fit all of the bacon. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until bacon has reached desired doneness. You don't want the bacon too crispy or it won't skewer well, it will just crumble.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut up the head of lettuce. Begin by holding the root end in your left hand, and slicing 1 inch discs. Cube those discs into equal pieces. Approximately 6-9 cubes depending on the size of the head of lettuce.
- Remove bacon from the sheet and drain on a plate lined with paper towel. Cut the bacon slices into four equal pieces.
- Begin assembling the skewers by layering a cube of lettuce, followed by two pieces of bacon, a cherry tomato, another salad cube, two more pieces of bacon, and finishing with a cherry tomato.
- Assemble all of your skewers and arrange in a single layer. Sprinkle generously with blue cheese, followed by the drizzle of ranch dressing. Serve immediately.
I found that it is easier to skewer the bacon through a fatty part of the bacon. If you try to skewer through the meaty part, it has a greater chance of crumbling.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Sides, Appetizers and Snacks
Keywords: Wedge Salad, Skewers, Easy Recipe