All the flavors you love about carrot cake, in a convenient cookie, studded with white chocolate chips.
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup shredded coconut flakes
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated, then add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture until well-combined.
- Stir in carrots, coconut, walnuts, white chocolate chips, oats, and mix until just combined.
- Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake until golden, 12-15 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I like to refrigerate or freeze my dough for 30 minutes before baking to minimize spreading.