These zucchini walnut muffins are gluten free, and a great way to sneak extra veggies into a delicious muffin.
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups all purpose flour (either 1:1 gluten free flour or regular)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Scant ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup whole fat yogurt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin either by oiling each individual well, or lining with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the egg, sugar and brown sugar together. Add the vanilla, yogurt, half of the walnuts, and the zucchini.
- In three parts, add the dry ingredients into the wet, beating after each addition, only until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Divide batter evenly in each muffin well, about 2/3 full. Sprinkle the remaining walnuts on top after adding the batter to the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester (or toothpick) inserted into the center comes out clean.
A Note About Gluten Free Flour: I use King Arthur’s Cup for Cup Gluten Free flour. It gives me the best consistent result and is easy to use without having to measure a bunch of different flours and gums. You can’t tell these are gluten free (no grittiness here!), but if you prefer the full gluten version, use your favorite all-purpose flour instead. My favorite is, you guessed it, King Arthur!